Vanilla Maple Granola is perfect on top of yogurt for breakfast or eaten plain as an afternoon snack. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of delicious granola options at the grocery store. BUT, do you know how easy it is to make homemade granola make yourself? And then you can customize with your favorites.
Combine your favorite nuts, seeds, dried fruit, maybe some coconut or oats. Add something for some sweetness and bake it all up on a sheet pan. Once you make this Vanilla Maple Granola, you'll understand what I'm talking about.
- Rolled Oats (also called Old Fashioned)
- Sliced Almonds
- Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- Olive Oil
- Maple Syrup - the pure good stuff!
- Optional - Turbinado Sugar
Step by Step Instructions
- Mix everything up and spread on a large baking sheet. Or, if you hate washing dishes like me.... Mix it all up with your hands on the baking sheet itself.
- Bake the granola up for about 40 minutes - stirring halfway through.
- Once done baking, let the Vanilla Maple Granola cool on the pan. This helps it clump together in those wonderful crunchy clumps.
Like this recipe? Sign up for my e-mail list so you get a weekly e-mail with new recipes from the week as well as occasional ‘bonus’ content not found on the blog! E-mail link sign up!
Those ads on the page? A portion of all ad revenue is being donated to Warrior Dog Rescue. A MN-based dog rescue that I foster and volunteer with.Print
Vanilla Maple Granola
This Vanilla Maple Granola is simple to mix up, perfectly crunchy and sweet from the maple syrup and vanilla extract. Your breakfast game was just elevated. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 24 servings
- Category: Sides, Snack
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1 ½ teaspoons course kosher salt (or 1 teaspoon of table salt)
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons raw turbinado sugar (optional, if you don't want your granola as sweet)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together. You can also do the mixing on your sheet pan. Spread the granola mixture onto a large sheet pan into an even layer.
- Bake for 40 minutes, stirring halfway through. Keep an eye not he granola to make sure it doesn't burn (see recipe notes). The granola should get nice and browned but not burnt.
- Allow to cool on the sheet pan before transferring to a bowl for serving or an airtight container for storing.
Every oven is different, so keep an eye on your granola. If it's getting too brown, turn the temperature down to 325 or 300. You want to brown the nuts and coconut flakes but not burn.
- Serving Size: ¼ cup
- Calories: 193
- Sugar: 6.3 g
- Sodium: 79.3 mg
- Fat: 12.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.7 g
- Protein: 3.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Vanilla Maple Granola
Made this for yogurt parfaits and loved it!