Barbecue Chicken Wings made easy in the Instant Pot. Meat so tender it falls off the bone, you’ll think these were cooked low and slow for hours.
- 4–5 lbs chicken wings (trimmed and separated (tips discarded)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (feel free to adjust to taste. )
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (of your choice)
- Dry your wings with a paper towel and toss with the spices.
- Add the trivet to your Instant Pot liner and add the seasoned wings on top. Pour the water around the wings. Cook on High Pressure for 5 minutes. Naturally Release the pressure for 10 minutes, then Quick Release.
- Preheat your oven’s broiler on high. Toss the completed wings with the barbecue sauce.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Place the sauced wings on the sheet in one layer (use 2 baking sheets if necessary). Vent the oven door and broil for about 5 minutes until the edges are dark brown and crispy. Watch them carefully and be careful not to burn.
- The wings are great served as is or with a dipping sauce, such as ranch or blue cheese or even with the leftover barbecue sauce.
I have an 8qt Instant Pot – if yours is smaller you may want to lower the amount of wings, or do 2 batches.
Wings – To save time, you can pay a little more to buy wingettes that are already separated instead of doing it yourself.
- Category: Instant Pot, Sides
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American