This Mango Orange Smoothie is thick, healthy, and just 4 ingredients. It blends together in just a minute and you have a healthy breakfast or snack for two. Loaded with lots of Vitamin C, this smoothie is perfect for boosting your immune system.
This smoothie is ridiculously easy to throw together. The only 'prep' involved is quickly slicing a banana. Otherwise just throw everything into a blender (I love my Vitamix, this is the one I use) and blend away!
Ingredients for this Easy Orange Smoothie:
- Frozen Diced Mango
- Ripe Banana - fresh or frozen
- Orange Juice
- Chia Seeds
- A few ice cubes - if you use all frozen fruit, then you will likely not need ice
Can smoothies be blended in advance?
I do not recommend blending up any smoothie in advance. As the smoothie sits in the fridge, the texture really changes, for the worse. However, you can prep smoothie packs for quicker prep!
How To Pre-Pack the Smoothie for the Freezer?
- Freeze Ingredients - In a freezer bag, add the mango, banana, and chia seeds. Place bag in freezer for up to 3 months.
- Blend - When ready to blend, add contents of bag and the orange juice to a blender. Because we froze all ingredients, we don't need to add ice cubes. Blend away! Blend until smooth.. about 1 to 2 minutes.
What can I put in a smoothie to thicken it?
The best way to thicken a smoothie is by using frozen fruit or ice cubes. For this smoothie you can either use both frozen mango and banana or add some ice cubes if some of your fruit is fresh.
How to easily clean a blender?
Did you know that blenders almost clean themselves? I recommend doing this right after you pour your smoothie into a glass. If you let the blender sit and dry, the fruit will become stuck on and harder to remove.
- Fill with Water – Fill your dirty blender about half full with warm water.
- Add Dish Soap – Add just a couple drops of dish soap to the water.
- Blend – Close the lid on the blender and blend for about 30 seconds. The warm soapy water will swish up the sides.
- Rinse – Finally just dump out the soapy water, give the blender a rinse with warm water, and that’s it!
Looking for other healthy smoothie recipes?Print
This Mango Orange Smoothie is thick, healthy, and just 4 ingredients. It blends together in just a minute and you have a healthy breakfast or snack for two.
- 1 cup frozen diced mango
- 1 ripe sliced banana, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Handful of ice cubes, not needed if all frozen fruit is used
- Add ingredients to a blender and blend for 1 to 2 minutes until smooth. Adjusting ice if needed to thicken and additional orange juice if needed to thin.
- Enjoy immediately
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Mango Orange Smoothie, Orange Smoothie, Mango Smoothie