Healthy Buffalo Chicken
This Healthy Buffalo Chicken is a great recipe for leftover shredded chicken! And this 3 Ingredient Buffalo Chicken has TONS of ways to use it! Serve on a sandwich, wrap, in a salad, with chips or crackers, or even on its own! It’s great for lunch meal prep for the week as well. Just chicken, greek yogurt, and hot sauce!
What You’ll Need for this Healthy Buffalo Chicken:
- Cooked and shredded chicken breasts
- Plain Greek Yogurt – nonfat, full fat, 2%, it all works!
- Your favorite Hot Sauce. I used Frank’s Original!
- Optional: Sliced Green Onions. For a little color and added texture
Before making this easy buffalo chicken, you’ll need to start with some cooked and shredded chicken. You can easily buy pre-shedded chicken from the store or shred up a rotisserie chicken. Or my favorite two ways are to use my Instant Pot or Slow Cooker.
How To Cook Shredded Chicken in your Slow Cooker:
- Add chicken breasts and 1/4 cup of water to your slow cooker. Sprinkle breasts with salt and pepper.
- Cook on high for about 2 hours until fully cooked. Remove breasts and shred with two forks.
How To Cook Shredded Chicken in your Instant Pot:
- Add chicken breasts and 1/4 cup of water to your Instant Pot. Sprinkle breasts with salt and pepper.
- Cook on Manual High Pressure for 12 minutes.
- Natural Release for 5 minutes then Quick Release the remaining pressure. Remove breasts and shred with two forks
Greek Yogurt is the key in this recipe to keep things healthier and lighter. It adds creaminess and cuts the spice, but without the high calories of other cheese and sour cream filled recipes. And, as an added bonus, greek yogurt has TONS of proteins. I love using greek yogurt as a healthy swap in all sorts of recipes.
If you like this Healthy Buffalo Chicken, check out these other Greek Yogurt Recipes:
- Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad
- Healthy Taco Pasta Salad
- One-Pot Lighter Beef Stroganoff
- Healthy Cucumber Salad