Healthy Taco Pasta Salad is simple to make, minimal prep, and filling for the whole family! This Creamy Pasta Salad has a healthy twist. The greek yogurt based avocado dressing provides creaminess in a lightened up way. I love how customizable this healthy pasta salad is. Feel free to swap out any of the mix-ins!
What You’ll Need for this Easy Creamy Taco Pasta Salad:
- Cooked Pasta. Use your favorite short noodle! I used Banza chickpea pasta for an extra protein boost.
- Ground Beef. I use lean ground beef, but you can always just drain any excess fat.
- Taco Seasoning. Use your favorite brand!
- Black Beans
- Corn Kernels
- Grape Tomatoes
- Other Mix In Ideas: Sliced Olives, minced red onion, diced avocado.
- Plus the easy Avocado Cilantro Dressing
I love how easily this Taco Pasta Salad recipe comes together. The only chopping involved is halving the tomatoes and rough chopping the cilantro. Super simple prep. While the pasta and ground beef are cooking, mix up the avocado cilantro dressing. All you need to do is add the ingredients to your food processor blender and give it a whirl!
If you like this Healthy Taco Pasta Salad, then check out some other easy pasta salad recipes:Print
Healthy Taco Pasta Salad is simple to make, minimal prep, and filling for the whole family! This Creamy Pasta Salad has a healthy twist. Tossed with a greek yogurt based avocado cilantro dressing. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 12 ounces pasta (small noodle of choice)
- 1 15oz can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 15oz can corn kernels (drained)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 3oz can sliced black olives (Other optional mix-in!)
- 1 small red onion, minced (Other optional mix-in!)
Avocado Cilantro Dressing
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cups fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the ground beef, browning and crumbling as it cooks. If desired, drain off any excess fat.
- To the cooked ground beef in the skillet, add the 2/3 cup of water and taco seasoning. Stir and continue cooking over medium heat until the seasonings are combined and slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- Make the Avocado Cilantro Dressing. In a food processor or blender, combine all dressing ingredients. Blending until creamy.
- In a large bowl toss the cooked pasta, taco ground beef, remaining salad ingredients, and the finished dressing.
- The pasta salad is best served immediately at room temperature. But, leftovers can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for 3 days.
I used Banza penne pasta. Found here! But, use your favorite small noodle of choice. White, wheat, gluten free, etc.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Mexican