Healthy Taco Pasta Salad is simple to make, minimal prep, and filling for the whole family! This Creamy Pasta Salad has a healthy twist. Tossed with a greek yogurt based avocado cilantro dressing. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 12 ounces pasta (small noodle of choice)
- 1 15oz can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 15oz can corn kernels (drained)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 3oz can sliced black olives (Other optional mix-in!)
- 1 small red onion, minced (Other optional mix-in!)
Avocado Cilantro Dressing
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cups fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the ground beef, browning and crumbling as it cooks. If desired, drain off any excess fat.
- To the cooked ground beef in the skillet, add the 2/3 cup of water and taco seasoning. Stir and continue cooking over medium heat until the seasonings are combined and slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- Make the Avocado Cilantro Dressing. In a food processor or blender, combine all dressing ingredients. Blending until creamy.
- In a large bowl toss the cooked pasta, taco ground beef, remaining salad ingredients, and the finished dressing.
- The pasta salad is best served immediately at room temperature. But, leftovers can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for 3 days.
I used Banza penne pasta. Found here! But, use your favorite small noodle of choice. White, wheat, gluten free, etc.
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Mexican