This Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken checks all the boxes. Only 5 ingredients. Perfect for meal prep. And made right in your crockpot. Serve with rice and steamed veggies for a filling, healthy weeknight meal. Healthy meal prep for the WIN!
Reasons you’ll love this Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken:
- 5 Minute Prep Time!
- Minimal ingredients
- Hands off crock pot cooking
- Healthy meal prep
- Family friendly
Prepping this chicken takes seriously 5 minutes! Honestly, probably less. Add the chicken breasts to your slow cooker. Then in a small bowl mix up the honey garlic sauce. Pour over the sauce and that’s it! Cook on low for 2-3 hours or on high for 4-6 hours. Finally when it’s done, just shred up the chicken and mix the sauce with some cornstarch to thicken. When you’re ready to eat or store in meal prep containers, cook up some rice and veggies. I love taking the easy route and steaming some frozen veggies (microwave steamer veggies for the win).
What You’ll Need for this Honey Garlic Chicken Meal Prep:
- Chicken Breasts
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Minced Garlic
- Chili Garlic Sauce
- Rice and veggies to serve with!
Trust me, you’ll be adding this to your meal rotation. Want more slow cooker meals to make your life easier? Check out my recipe index for some more crock pot recipes – click here!
This recipe is featured in a roundup of Best Slow Cooker Recipes. Check it out!Print
This Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken checks all the boxes. Only 5 ingredients. Perfect for meal prep. And made right in your crockpot. Serve with rice and steamed veggies for a filling, healthy weeknight meal. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
Honey Garlic Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (optional, to thicken )
Rice and Veggies
- 1.5 cups dry white rice (cooked according to package directions)
- 2 packages frozen steamer veggies* (veggies of choice)
- In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, mix up the honey, soy sauce, garlic, and chili garlic sauce. I like to use a fork or whisk to combine. In the insert of your slow cooker, add the chicken breasts and pour over the sauce.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-6 hours. When the chicken breasts are fully cooked, remove onto a plate and shred with two forks. To the sauce left in the slow cooker, whisk in the cornstarch. Add back in the shredded chicken and stir to combine. Cook on High for 15-20 minutes to allow sauce to thicken and coat the chicken.
- About 30 minutes before serving, cook the white rice according to package directions. Then just before serving, cook the veggies.
- Serve and enjoy! Or divide into meal prep containers and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
*Feel free to use fresh veggies and steam or boil them as well!
- Category: Main Dish, Slow Cooker
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American