Making Slow Cooker Italian Beef is the easiest! Chuck Roast cooks low and slow in the crockpot and results in a tangy, slightly spicy, shredded Italian Beef that your family will love. Perfect on its own or in hoagie buns for Italian Beef Sandwiches.
Why I love this Recipe
- Only 5 Minutes of Prep!
- Just a Few Simple Ingredients
- Versatile - Italian beef can be served in sandwiches, with sides, or even in a loaded potato.
Ingredients you'll need for Crockpot Italian Beef:
- Chuck Roast - I also love to cook this cut of beef in the oven using this Tender Chuck Roast in Oven recipe.
- White Vinegar - gives the shredded beef a little tang
- Spices - Dried minced onion, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes
- Pepperoncini peppers - just from a jar
- Banana Pepper Rings - the mild ones from a jar
- Butter - a few tablespoons to pat on top for extra flavor.
How To Make this Slow Cooker Italian Beef Recipe
- Add to Slow Cooker - Season up your chuck roast with salt and pepper then add all ingredients to the slow cooker. If you really want extra flavor, then you can brown the chuck roast in a hot skillet for a few minutes on each side first.
- Slow Cook - Now let your crockpot do the work and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Shred and Serve - At the end of cooking, the chuck roast will practically fall apart and easily shred. You can even shred it right in the slow cooker to keep things simple.
If you don't want to wait 8 hours for the Italian beef, try this variation for Instant Pot Shredded Beef.
How To Serve
Shredded Italian Beef is so versatile! There are so many ways to serve it - here are some of my favorites:
- I love it on its own with a side of potatoes and vegetables.
- A classic serving idea is using the Slow Cooker Italian Beef for sandwiches! Serve in hoagie buns. It's great as is or topped with provolone cheese slices.
- Piled into a loaded baked potato!
Leftovers, Storage, Freezing, and Reheating
- Storage: I recommend storing the leftover shredded beef in the juices to keep it nice and juicy. You can store it in an airtight container int he fridge for up to 4 days.
- Freezing: Freeze the shredded beef (again with some juices) in an airtight freezer bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Reheat: The thawed Italian Beef can be reheated in a slow cooker, in a pot on the stove, or even in the microwave.
Other Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker Korean Beef - Super tender and takes just a few minutes to prep. Just dump a chuck roast and a simple Korean-inspired sauce in the crock pot to make a delicious shredded beef.
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork - Cooking a pork shoulder in your crockpot with barbecue sauce and spices results in super tender and flavorful shredded pork. Pile the bbq pulled pork on some buns and top with your favorite coleslaw.
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken - Only 5 ingredients and perfect for meal prep. A super easy chicken breast recipe that the whole family will love.
Like this recipe? Sign up for my e-mail list so you get a weekly e-mail with new recipes from the week as well as occasional ‘bonus’ content not found on the blog! E-mail link sign up!
Those ads on the page? A portion of all ad revenue is being donated to Warrior Dog Rescue. A MN-based dog rescue that I foster and volunteer with.Print
Slow Cooker Shredded Italian Beef
Chuck Roast cooks low and slow in the crockpot and results in a tangy, slightly spicy, shredded Italian Beef that your family will love. Perfect on its own or in hoagie buns for Italian Beef Sandwiches.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Main Dish, Slow Cooker
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Italian
- 3 lb boneless chuck roast
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- 1-2 teaspoons red pepper flakes, depending on spice preference
- 8 pepperoncini peppers, from a jar. Chopped
- 10 mild banana pepper rings, from a jar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into chunks
- Add To Slow Cooker - Spray the slow cooker insert with cooking spray. Add the vinegar, dried onion, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, chopped pepperoncini, and banana pepper rings to bottom of slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Season Chuck Roast - Season both sides of chuck roast with salt and pepper. Place on top of mixture in slow cooker. Top with butter chunks.
- Slow Cook - Cook on Low for 8 hours. The chuck roast should be very tender and fall apart.
- Shred and Serve - Remove chuck roast and shred with two forks (or do it in the slow cooker). Return shredded beef to slow cooker juices and serve.
- Serving Size: ⅛ of Shredded Beef
- Calories: 286
- Sugar: 0.7 g
- Sodium: 269.9 mg
- Fat: 14.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.5 g
- Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 34.2 g
- Cholesterol: 115.8 mg
Keywords: Slow Cooker Italian Beef, Shredded Italian Beef, Slow Cooker Shredded Italian Beef