Is there ever such a thing as too many Slow Cooker recipes? Especially ones that are essentially dump and go? I think not. Chuck Roast cooks low and slow in the crockpot and results in a tangy, slightly spicy, shredded Italian Beef that your family will love. Perfect on its own or in hoagie buns for Italian Beef Sandwiches.
What you’ll need for this Italian Beef:
- Chuck Roast
- White Vinegar – gives the shredded beef a little tang
- Dried minced onion, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes – spice staples!
- Pepperoncini peppers – just from a jar
- Banana Pepper Rings – the mild ones from a jar
- Butter – a few tablespoons to pat on top for extra flavor. Because butter is BAE.
The prep for this Italian Beef takes maybe 5 minutes, MAX! Season up your chuck roast with salt and pepper then add all ingredients to the slow cooker. If you REALLY want to go the extra mile, you can brown your chuck roast for a few minutes on each side. But honestly, I often don’t and it still tastes AMAZING.
Now let your crockpot do the work and it cooks on low for 8 hours. At the end the chuck roast will practically fall apart and easily shred. You can even do this right in the slow cooker liner to keep things simple. Now to decide what to serve it with! I love it on its own with a side off potatoes and vegetables. Serve in hoagie buns for Italian Beef Sandwiches. Or pile it into a loaded baked potato! How will you serve yours?!
This recipe is featured in a roundup of Best Slow Cooker Recipes. Check it out!Print
Chuck Roast cooks low and slow in the crockpot and results in a tangy, slightly spicy, shredded Italian Beef that your family will love. Perfect on its own or in hoagie buns for Italian Beef Sandwiches. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 3 lb chuck roast
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1–2 teaspoons red pepper flakes (depending on spice preference. I usually use 1.5 teaspoons)
- 8 pepperoncini peppers (from a jar. Chopped.)
- mild banana pepper rings (from a jar.)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 a stick. Cut into chunks)
- Hoagie Buns, for serving
- Spray the slow cooker insert with cooking spray. Add the vinegar, dried onion, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, chopped pepperoncini, and banana pepper rings to bottom of slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Season both sides of chuck roast with salt and pepper. Place not op of mixture in slow cooker. Topdd beef chuck roast on top of spice mixture, season both sides with salt and black pepper. Top with butter chunks.
- Cook on Low for 8 hours. Remove chuck roast and shred with two forks (or do it in the slow cooker). Return shredded beef to slow cooker juices and serve.
- Category: Main Dish, Slow Cooker
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Italian