Vegetarian Tuscan White Bean Pasta uses pantry staples to create a simple, yet flavorful 30-minute meal. An easy pasta sauce is created using canned tomatoes, white beans, and baby spinach. It can easily be made vegan by omitting the parmesan.
- 1/2 lb pasta – I used linguini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 15oz cans white beans
- 8oz fresh baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Shaved or grated parmesan – optional for serving
- Cook the pasta according to package directions and drain. Reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large deep sauté pan or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the diced tomatoes, salt, pepper, and basil and simmer for 10 minutes. Adjusting heat as needed to keep a simmer, but not a boil. Add spinach and white beans, stir and cook until spinach is wilted.
- Add pasta to pan with tomatoes and toss to combine. If needed, add a little reserved pasta water to loosen things up. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with parmesan cheese, if using, and enjoy!
- Category: Mains, Meatless Monday, Pasta
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian