One Pot Spinach Artichoke Pesto Pasta is comforting, cozy, and perfect for meatless Monday. This vegetarian dish is made in one dutch oven, so clean up is easy. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small-medium onion (minced)
- 1 lemon (zested)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (up to 1 teaspoon if you like heat)
- 1 pound farfalle pasta
- 5 cups water
- 1 15oz can artichoke hearts (roughly chopped)
- 1 14oz can white beans (rinsed and drained. Like cannelloni or great northern)
- 3/4 cup pesto
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (plus extra for serving)
- 6 ounces baby spinach (chopped)
- In a large pot or dutch oven, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté for an additional 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the water, pasta, and a hearty pinch of salt. Stir to combine, scraping any bits off the bottom. Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes until the pasta is almost al dente. There may be a little liquid left in the pot.
- Lower the heat to medium-low. Add the artichokes, white beans, pesto, parmesan, and spinach. Stir to combine and continue cooking/stirring until the pasta is fully al dente, all the ingredients are warmed and the spinach is wilted. Adjust salt/pepper if needed.
- Spoon into bowls and top with extra parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Category: Main Dish, Meatless Monday
- Cuisine: Italian