One-Pot Spinach Artichoke Pesto Pasta is great for when you’re craving pasta, but want little clean up. All made in one dutch oven, this dish is even vegetarian. Perfect for Meatless Monday. Farfalle pasta is combined with white beans, spinach, artichoke hearts, basil pesto, and lots of parmesan cheese. Lemon zest and garlic add lots of flavor. An easy weeknight dinner that is comforting, cozy, but still helps you hit your vegetable quota for the day.
What You’ll Need for this Spinach Artichoke Pasta:
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Zest
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Farfalle Pasta
- Can of artichoke hearts
- Can of white beans
- Pesto – use your favorite basil pesto or you can make it yourself!
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Baby Spinach
There is so much FLAVOR in this dish. First, we sauté onion until soft then we add our aromatics. Minced garlic, lemon zest, and red pepper flakes. After just 30 seconds of sauté time, you will not believe how good it smells. Then just add the water and pasta and bring to a boil. Cooking the pasta right in this same pot allows the flavors to incorporate with the noodles. The final step is to stir in the remaining ingredients: white beans, spinach, artichokes, pesto, and lots of parmesan cheese.
I love to serve this with some crusty bread and some extra parmesan cheese for sprinkling over the top. You won’t believe that a dinner this decadent is all made in one pot.
Other One-Pot Pasta Recipes I Think You’ll Like:Print
One Pot Spinach Artichoke Pesto Pasta is comforting, cozy, and perfect for meatless Monday. This vegetarian dish is made in one dutch oven, so clean up is easy. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small-medium onion (minced)
- 1 lemon (zested)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (up to 1 teaspoon if you like heat)
- 1 pound farfalle pasta
- 5 cups water
- 1 15oz can artichoke hearts (roughly chopped)
- 1 14oz can white beans (rinsed and drained. Like cannelloni or great northern)
- 3/4 cup pesto
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (plus extra for serving)
- 6 ounces baby spinach (chopped)
- In a large pot or dutch oven, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté for an additional 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the water, pasta, and a hearty pinch of salt. Stir to combine, scraping any bits off the bottom. Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes until the pasta is almost al dente. There may be a little liquid left in the pot.
- Lower the heat to medium-low. Add the artichokes, white beans, pesto, parmesan, and spinach. Stir to combine and continue cooking/stirring until the pasta is fully al dente, all the ingredients are warmed and the spinach is wilted. Adjust salt/pepper if needed.
- Spoon into bowls and top with extra parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Category: Main Dish, Meatless Monday
- Cuisine: Italian