Pumpkin + Alfredo Sauce + Pasta = Fall Dinner of your DREAMS! This creamy pumpkin pasta is surprisingly easy to make. Don’t forget the toasted herb walnuts to sprinkle on top. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 1 lb pasta (farfalle, rigatoni, penne)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 cup walnuts (finely chopped*)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (adjust to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Place chopped walnuts on a baking sheet in an even layer. Toast in the preheated oven for 7-10 minutes until lightly golden and fragrant. Be careful not to over toast. Remove from oven, toss with melted butter, rosemary, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Place back in the oven for about a minute so everything gets nice and toasty, melty, and combined. Remove and set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, make the pumpkin Alfredo sauce. Heat a very large deep skillet or dutch oven on medium heat. Add the butter. Once melted add the garlic and sauté until fragrant. Just a minute or two. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the pumpkin puree and broth. Stir together and simmer until smooth.
- Stir in the cream, parmesan, and salt. Simmer for 2 to 4 minutes until smooth and coats the back of a spoon. Season with pepper. Taste and adjust salt and pepper if needed. Turn off heat.
- Toss the cooked pasta into the pumpkin sauce.
- Serve pasta in bowls with a good sprinkle of herbed walnuts on top.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
*To finely chop the walnuts you can either use a sharp knife or give a few pulses in the food processor.
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Italian