Best Ever Pumpkin Snickerdoodles. Chewy and soft snickerdoodles with pumpkin flavor from both pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. These soft pumpkin cookies are perfect for your fall baking adventures. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened to room temperature)
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree (from a can. NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, pumpkin pie spice, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt together.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, pumpkin puree, and vanilla. Mix again until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the dough and mix slowly until just combined. Chill dough in the refrigerator until ready to bake. At least 30 minutes, but up to 2 days.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. In a small bowl, mix together the 1/4 cup of sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll the dough into about 1 tablespoon sized balls. Then roll dough balls in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place on baking sheet about 2-3 inches apart.
- Place cookie dough balls and sheet in fridge until ready to bake.
- Bake the cookies for 14-16 minutes (mine took 15 minutes exactly, but the size of your cookie ball will impact bake time). The cookies are done when they are just set in the center and the tops are slightly cracked. They should look thick and puffed up. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack.
Leftover cookies can be store in an airtight container at room temperature. Cookies are best enjoyed within 3 days.
Pumpkin Pie Spice: If you don’t have any on hand or can’t find it in your store, you can make it yourself! Here’s a recipe.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Cookies