This Fall Harvest Vegan Pasta Salad combines the best fall flavors in an easy vegan side dish or even main. Roasted Butternut Squash, apples, cranberries, and pecans! It's all tossed in an easy homemade Apple Cider Vinaigrette that will become your new favorite dressing! It's a great side dish option for a vegan Thanksgiving holiday meal.
- Pasta - I prefer a short noodle such as fusilli, penne, or farfalle.
- Diced Butternut Squash - You'll roast the squash or you can make Air Fryer Butternut Squash.
- Dried Cranberries
- Apple Cider Vinaigrette - Olive Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Maple Syrup, Dion Mustard
Tips and FAQs!
How long does the Apple Cider Vinaigrette last?
Leftover vinaigrette will keep in the fridge for about a week. If separation occurs, just shake it up before using. In the fridge it may thicken and slightly solidify. Just take it out a few minutes before using so it can come to room temperature. Or if you're in a pinch, run the jar under warm water to speed up the process.
Can I prep it in advance?
Yes, but not completely. You can mix up the dressing in advance (although you'll need to give another quick mix or shake before serving). But I would hold off on chopping the apples until right before as they will brown. I also wouldn't toss the pasta salad together (especially the dressing) until right before serving. The pasta will soak up the dressing as it sits.
What can I substitute for the pecans?
Feel free to use a different nut or seed! I also love walnuts, almonds, and pine nuts.
Some other Vegetarian and Vegan Fall-inspired recipes that I love:
- Pumpkin Mac and Cheese
- Vegan Quinoa Chili
- Vegan Pumpkin Energy Bars
- Apple Pecan Harvest Salad
- Vegan Pumpkin Sweet Potato Soup - from Stacey Homemaker
- Vegan Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal - from Spabettie
Like this recipe? Sign up for my e-mail list so you get a weekly e-mail with new recipes from the week as well as occasional ‘bonus’ content not found on the blog! E-mail link sign up!
Those ads on the page? A portion of all ad revenue is being donated to Warrior Dog Rescue. A MN-based dog rescue that I foster and volunteer with.Print
Fall Harvest Vegan Pasta Salad
This Fall Harvest Vegan Pasta Salad combines the best fall flavors a bowl. It's a great side dish option for a vegan Thanksgiving holiday meal.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Category: Pasta, Vegan
- Method: Oven, Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 lb Pasta, short shape such as fusilli, rotini, or penne
- 4 cups small diced Butternut Squash
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 medium Apples, chopped
- 2/ cup Dried Cranberries
- ⅔ cup roughly chopped Pecans
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Parsley
Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- ⅓ cup Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat Oven and Boil Water. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and bring a large pot of salted
- Roast Squash. When oven is preheated, toss the diced butternut squash with the olive oil on a sheet pan and season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread into an even layer. Roast in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, tossing/flipping halfway through. The squash is down when it is tender when pierced with a fork and slightly golden and crispy on the edges.
- Cook the pasta. Meanwhile, use the boiling pot of water and cook the pasta to al dente, according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Mix the dressing. Mix up the dressing ingredients and season with a pinch of salt and pepper, to taste. I like to shake everything up in a mason jar or whisk together in a small bowl.
- Assemble the pasta salad. In a large bowl toss the cooked pasta, roasted squash, apples, cranberries, and pecans with the salad dressing. Fold in the fresh parsley, taste, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- Serving Size: ⅛ of recipe
- Calories: 480
- Sugar: 17 g
- Sodium: 57.6 mg
- Fat: 20.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 68.3 g
- Fiber: 5.8 g
- Protein: 9.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Vegan Pasta Salad, Vegan Thanksgiving Side, Vegan Thanksgiving recipe, Fall Pasta Salad, Autumn Pasta Salad