Time to upgrade those ramen noodles sitting in your pantry! This is NOT the ramen you had in college. Toss out that seasoning packet because we are making the EASIEST sesame garlic sauce with ingredients you probably have on hand! Garlic Sesame Ramen Noodles For Two will be your new quick dinner favorite.
What You'll Need for this Garlic Sesame Ramen Noodles Recipe:
- 2 packages Ramen Noodles - you won't use the flavor packet
- Olive Oil
- Garlic and Ginger
- Brown Sugar
- Soy Sauce - I prefer Low Sodium
- Rice Vinegar
- Chili Garlic Paste - to add a little heat
- Toasted Sesame Oil
- Green Onions
- Sesame Seeds
What should I serve the ramen noodles with?
You can totally eat the noodles on their own, but if you want a more complete meal here are my favorites!
- Fried Eggs
- Proteins like chicken, shrimp, or tofu.
- Steamed veggies
- Korean Ground Beef
- Healthy Orange Chicken
- Korean Beef Stir Fry
- 30-Minute Cashew Chicken
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- Easy Sesame Chicken
How to make the recipe:
- Cook the Ramen: First, cook the ramen noodles according to package directions. They typically only take 2-3 minutes to boil.
- Make the Garlic Sesame Sauce: While the noodles are cooking, quickly make the sauce. Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat with the oil. When hot, add the garlic and ginger. Cook for about a minute until fragrant and soft. Add the brown sugar, rice vinegar, chili garlic, and soy sauce. Stir together and cook for about 1 minute. Turn off the heat, and stir in the toasted sesame oil.
- Toss the Ramen Noodles with the Sauce: Add the ramen noodles and toss to combine with the sauce. Top with the sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
What if I want more than two servings?
This Garlic Sesame Ramen recipe doubles perfectly! Just cook up more noodles and more sauce. It's very easy to make a batch for the family and it's great as leftovers!
What type of pan should I use?
I recommend using a medium-large skillet so there is room to toss the noodles in the sauce. If you double the recipe, you'll want to use a larger pan.
Like this recipe? Sign up for my e-mail list so you get a weekly e-mail with new recipes from the week as well as occasional ‘bonus’ content not found on the blog! E-mail link sign up!
Those ads on the page? A portion of all ad revenue is being donated to Warrior Dog Rescue. A MN-based dog rescue that I foster and volunteer with.Print
Garlic Sesame Ramen for Two
Garlic Sesame Ramen for Two upgrades ramen noodles with a simple sesame garlic sauce. Toss out that seasoning packet and grab some pantry staples to make this easy two serving recipe. Serve as is, top with an egg, or add some protein on the side.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
- Category: Meatless Monday, Pasta
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
- 2 3oz packages ramen noodles, flavor packets discarded
- 2 tablespoons oil, I prefer olive oil, coconut oil or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce, low sodium preferred
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce, adjust to spice preference
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3-4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Sesame seeds, to garnish
- Cook the Ramen. First, cook the ramen noodles according to package directions. They typically take only 2-3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Make the Garlic Sesame Sauce. While the noodles are cooking, quickly make the sauce. Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat with the oil. When hot, add the garlic and ginger. Cook for about a minute until fragrant and soft. Add the brown sugar, rice vinegar, chili garlic sauce, and soy sauce. Stir together and cook for about 1 minute. Turn off the heat and stir in the sesame oil.
- Toss the Ramen Noodles with the Sauce. Add the ramen noodles and toss to combine with the sauce. Top with the sliced green onions and sesame seeds. If desired top with fried eggs or other protein.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Serving Size: ½ of recipe
- Calories: 544
- Sugar: 12.5 g
- Sodium: 1973.6 mg
- Fat: 23.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 74.6 g
- Fiber: 2.6 g
- Protein: 11.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: ramen noodles, sesame noodles, sesame ramen noodles