Healthy Orange Chicken satisfies your takeout craving without the frying. Just marinate chicken thighs in an easy orange marinade for an easy, flavorful weeknight dinner or healthy meal prep. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Chicken and for Serving
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (cut into 1-inch chunks)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- salt and ground black pepper
- cups cooked rice (for serving)
- steamed veggies (optional for serving)
- sesame seeds (for garnish)
- thinly sliced green onions (for garnish)
- extra orange zest (for garnish)
- In a medium-large bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients and toss in the chicken chunks. Marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and marinade. Saute, stirring occasionally until chicken is golden brown, cooked through, and marinade has reduced and thickened. About 12-15 minutes.
- Stir in 1-2 tablespoons of water so you can scrape up any brown bits from the bottom. Season with salt and pepper to taste and remove from heat.
- Spoon cooked rice into a bowl with steamed veggies (if using). Spoon over some orange chicken and sprinkle with sesame seeds, green onions, and a pinch of orange zest. Enjoy!
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Asian