Honey Beer Bread is a super simple quick bread. Just 5 ingredients that you likely have on hand! Despite the name, the beer flavor is incredibly mild. I bet you won't even taste it! It's a moist, yet dense, bread that is even better when slathered with extra butter and a drizzle of honey.
Ingredients You'll Need - Only 5!
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Salted Butter - extra for greasing the pan or you can use a baking spray.
- Beer - I used Heineken, but use your favorite that you have on hand! The beer flavor is very mild in the bread.
Watch this video to see how easy this Quick Bread is to make!
Just 5 Easy Steps!
- Preheat the oven and grease your loaf pan.
- Mix together the dry ingredients - just flour and baking powder!
- Stir in the honey and beer.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf and dot with slices of butter.
- Bake, slice, and enjoy!
I love enjoying this bread warm soon after baking, but it holds its moisture well and is still delicious a day or two later.
It's perfect along with breakfast, dinner, or just with a cup of coffee or tea. Butter and honey are my favorite toppings to spread on a slice.
What does the beer do in the recipe?
The beer works as the leavening agent instead of yeast, along with the baking powder. All of the alcohol evaporates in the baking process, so it is safe for kids!
Don't like the taste of beer? Do not worry! This bread does not taste like beer, any flavor added is very mild. Trust me 🙂
How long does the leftover bread last?
The bread will stay moist for 2-3 days at room temperature in an airtight container.
You can also freeze it for longer storage! Wrap very tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil to prevent freezer burn and freeze for 2-3 months. Allow the bread to come back to room temperature before enjoying.
Here are some other Quick Bread Recipes you should check out!
Like this recipe? Sign up for my e-mail list so you get new recipe notifications straight to your inbox as well as occasional ‘bonus’ content not found on the blog! Click Here!Print
Honey Beer Bread
Honey Beer Bread is a super simple quick bread. Just 5 ingredients! The beer flavor is very mild and the bread is dense, moist, and ready for a slather of butter and drizzle of honey.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 1 Loaf
- Category: Breakfast, Sides, Bread
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- baking spray or butter (to grease pan)
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- pinch of salt (optional - if your butter is unsalted)
- ¼ cup honey
- 12 ounces beer (I used Heineken)
- 6 tablespoons salted butter (cut into ~½ tablespoon slices)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan with butter or a baking spray.
- Mix Batter. In a medium-large bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder (salt if using). Pour in the beer and honey. Stir together using a spoon or rubber spatula until just combined. The dough may be slightly lumpy.
- Prepare Bread. Pour the dough into the greased pan and top with the butter slices.
- Bake. Bake for 35-40 minutes until the bread is lightly golden on top, feels set to the touch, and a toothpick comes out clean or with just a few crumbs.
- Enjoy. Allow to cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes before removing. Slice and serve with butter and honey.
Leftovers: Leftover bread can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days or tightly wrapped and frozen for 2-3 months.
Keywords: Quick Bread, Honey Beer Bread, Beer Bread, Easy Bread Recipe, No Yeast Bread
Sharon Mim says
Quick and easy. I didn't have enough honey so I subbed 1/3 cup of sugar.
Thanks, Sharon! Glad you liked it and thank you for sharing that the substitute worked well for you. 🙂