Instant Pot Salsa Chicken & Rice
Instant Pot Salsa Chicken and Rice is perfect for an easy weeknight dinner or meal prep for the week. Made with primarily pantry ingredients in just about 30 minutes, I love this one pot meal since the chicken and rice cook all at once. No need to cook up the rice separately and dirty another pot. Easy clean up. Easy healthy meal. Win, win, win!
Why I love this Instant Pot Salsa Chicken:
- Instant Pot – Whether you’re an IP newbie or having been using a pressure cooker for years, you can’t deny how magical a good Instant Pot recipe is.
- One Pot – The entire meal is made in the Instant Pot at once! No cooking the rice separately. The chicken and rice cook all together then you just stir in the canned beans at the end.
- 30 Minute Meal – The cook time itself is only 6 minutes so even when you add in the time it takes to come to pressure and the time to release pressure, the whole meal only takes about 30 minutes.
- Pantry Staples – You likely have all the ingredients on hand!
- Meal Prep Friendly – I love packaging this up in individual meal prep containers to have as easy healthy lunches and dinners throughout the week.
- Healthy and Clean – An easy meal that you can feel good about.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Olive Oil
- Salsa – Use your favorite! I like to use a Medium chunky salsa.
- Chicken Breasts – Cut into chunks so it cooks in the same time as the rice.
- Spices: Cumin, Chili Powder, Garlic Powder, Dried Oregano, Cayenne Pepper, Salt
- Black Beans – canned is perfect.
- Fresh Cilantro – To add some color and brightness! It’s okay to omit if you’re in a pinch and don’t want to run to the store.