Vegan Mexican Quinoa Bake is healthy, filling, and uses all pantry staple ingredients! It takes just minutes of prep then into the oven to bake. This meatless casserole is perfect for meatless Monday but it's packed with flavor from the taco seasoning so even the meat-eaters in your life will love it.
Pantry Staple Ingredients that You'll Need:
- Sweet Potatoes
- Can of Black Beans
- Can of Corn Kernels
- Salsa - Use your favorite!
- Can of Diced Tomatoes - I prefer Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, but regular will work just fine.
- Can of Diced Green Chiles
- Taco Seasoning - You can use your own blend or one packet is the perfect amount!
- Vegetable Broth
- Optional Toppings - Chopped fresh cilantro, squeeze of lime juice, and diced avocado.
Steps to make this easy Vegan Mexican Quinoa Bake:
Making this casserole couldn't be easier!
- Prepare the ingredients. Peel and cube the sweet potatoes, chop the onions, and drain and rinse the canned corn and beans.
- Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray. Then add all the ingredients and mix together.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 375° F preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 35-45 minutes until the quinoa is cooked, the liquid is absorbed, and the sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving. I love to serve it with fresh chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice.
This quinoa casserole is easy enough for a weeknight dinner but it also keeps well in the fridge so it's perfect for meal prep! Bake it on Sunday and you have healthy lunches or dinner all week.
Vegan Mexican Quinoa Bake is healthy, filling, and uses all pantry staple ingredients! It takes just minutes of prep then into the oven to bake. This casserole is family friendly, perfect for Meatless Monday, or for a healthy meal prep.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 1 medium yellow or white onion (chopped)
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 15oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes (can substitute regular diced tomatoes)
- 1 4oz can diced green chiles
- 1 15oz can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 15oz can corn kernels (rinsed and drained)
- 1 packet taco seasoning (about 3-4 tablespoons)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- squeeze of fresh lime juice, chopped fresh cilantro, chopped avocado (optional topping ideas)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add all prepped ingredients to the casserole dish and stir together to combine.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove dish from oven, stir, and bake for another 35-45 minutes. Remove the foil for the last 5-10 minutes.
- The quinoa bake is done when the quinoa is cooked, the liquid is absorbed, and the sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving. If desired, top with a sprinkle of cilantro, a squeeze of lime juice, and chopped avocado.
Leftover quinoa bake can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 70 minutes
- Category: Main Dish, Meatless Monday
- Cuisine: Mexican