Air Fryer Honey Soy Glazed Carrots are one of my FAVORITE ways to cook carrots. They’re easy enough to make on a weeknight, but decadent enough to make for a holiday like Easter or Mother’s Day. Sticky, sweet, and with a slight spice kick. The glaze uses pantry ingredients – honey, soy sauce, oil, and red pepper flakes.
Looking to make some other air fryer vegetables – I love these Crispy Parmesan Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts.
How to Make Air Fryer Carrots
Cooking vegetables in the air fryer is a great option. The sliced carrots are tossed with the easy sauce and then cooked in the air fryer until tender and the glaze is caramelized and thickened.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Carrots – medium sized that are cut into 1/2 inch slices. I like to slice on an angle for better presentation.
- Soy Sauce – I prefer to use low sodium
- Canola Oil
- Red Pepper Flakes – you can adjust the amount to your spice preference
- Ground Black Pepper
What is an Air Fryer?
An air fryer is essentially a compact countertop convection oven. A fan circulates the hot air at a quick speed which creates a crispy layer on foods without needing to fry in oil.
Is Air Fryer food healthier?
The air fryer lets you cook foods using very little oil – significantly less than what is used for pan frying or deep frying. But you can still get foods nice and crispy and golden.
How long should you cook carrots in the air fryer?
These carrots are sliced into 1/2 inch slices and take about 20 minutes at 375 degrees F. If you cut your carrots thicker or thinner then the cook time will vary.
Perfect for Easter Dinner with ham! Or serve with other asian-inspired dishes to pair with the honey and soy flavors.
Recipe Notes and Tips
- The carrots can be peeled and sliced a day or two in advance.
- The recipe serves two, but it can be easily doubled to make more. Depending on your air fryer size, you may need to cook in two batches. You don’t want to overcrowd the air fryer too much or the carrots will steam instead of caramelize and roast.
- Allow the carrots and glaze to cool for a few minutes before serving. The glaze will thicken slightly as it cools.
Leftovers, Storage, and Reheating
The carrots are best served right after making.
Leftovers and Storage: Leftover carrots can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 4 days.
Reheating: I recommend reheating in the air fryer (lined with foil) or the oven at 350 degrees F until warmed.
Like this recipe? Sign up for my e-mail list so you get new recipe notifications straight to your inbox as well as occasional ‘bonus’ content not found on the blog! Click Here!Print
- 1 pound medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch thick slices on an angle
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1.5 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, according to spice preference
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional for garnish
- Mix Sauce. In a bowl, mix together the honey, soy sauce, oil, pepper flakes, and pepper. Toss the sauce with the sliced carrots.
- Add to Air Fryer. Line air fryer basket with foil – or you can use a small cake pan that fits. Add the carrots – scraping in any of the sauce.
- Air Fry. Air fry at 375 degrees F for 18-22 minutes, depending on air fryer and carrot size. Give them a gentle stir about halfway through. The carrots should be fork tender and the dressing should reduce to a glaze and be slightly caramelized.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Air Fryer Carrots, Honey Glazed Carrots, Soy Glazed Carrots, Air Fryer Glazed Carrots, Honey Soy Glazed Carrots