Greek Chickpea Salad is a perfect vegan side dish. No cooking, healthy, clean ingredients and keeps well in the fridge. Add this recipe to your meal prep rotation!
- 2 cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans) (rinsed and drained)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 small-medium red onion (small diced)
- 1 bell pepper (small diced)
- 1 large cucumber (small diced)
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- crumbled feta, cooked quinoa, chopped olives (optional add-ins)
- 2–3 tablespoons olive oil (see note)
- 2–3 tablespoons red wine vinegar (see note)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a large bowl, mix all salad ingredients together. In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the salad ingredients.
- Toss the dressing with the salad and allow to sit for 30 minutes before serving. Serve cold or at room temperature. Top with feta if desired. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Serve cold or at room temperature. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
The dressing is equal parts olive oil and red wine vinegar. So depending on how big you make the salad, you can adjust up or down. I usually find 2-3 tablespoons of each is a good amount.
- Category: Meatless Monday, Sides
- Cuisine: Greek