This Everyday Quinoa Salad is perfect on its own or as a side dish with anything! Colorful veggies and a super easy lemon salad dressing make this a staple. Vegan friendly and packed with flavor.
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups veggie stock or water
- 1 medium cucumber (finely diced. Seeded as well if you want.)
- 1 bell pepper (finely diced)
- 1 small red onion (finely diced)
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley (from 1 bunch)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (from 2–3 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- Cook the Quinoa: Combine the quinoa (rinsed, if needed) and the stock or water in a medium pot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Then lower the heat to a simmer. Cook, covered, until the quinoa has absorbed all the liquid. About 15 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, bell pepper, onion, parsley, and slightly cooled quinoa.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, and salt. Whisk until well blender.
- Add dressing to quinoa and veggies. Toss until well combined and season with pepper, to taste.
The salad keeps in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Category: Main Dish, Meatless Monday, Sides
- Cuisine: American