This Everyday Quinoa Salad will be a staple recipe in your arsenal. It’s a perfect meatless main dish or an easy veggie-packed side for just about anything! It’s refreshing, crisp, healthy, and vegan. Filled with cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, lots of fresh parsley, and quinoa. It’s all tossed together with an easy lemon dressing. The dressing is flavorful and uses just a few simple ingredients.
Ingredients for this Quinoa Salad:
- Veggie Stock or Water – For cooking the quinoa. I love the extra flavor that cooking in stock gives, but using water is just fine.
- Bell Pepper
- Red Onion
- Fresh Parsley
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
The best part? The salad just deepens in flavor as it sits! It’s perfect to mix up a batch and then keep in the fridge for an easy side dish all week. And because it’s best served cold or at room temperature, it’s great to be packed up in a workday lunch – no microwave needed!
Love quinoa? Check out these other recipes!
- Meatless Quinoa Black Bean Tacos
- Vegan Quinoa Chili
- Vegan Thai Quinoa Salad
- Quinoa Chicken Fajita Bake
- Spicy Tomato Chickpeas with Quinoa
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili
- Moroccan Chickpea Bowls
This Everyday Quinoa Salad is perfect on its own or as a side dish with anything! Colorful veggies and a super easy lemon salad dressing make this a staple. Vegan friendly and packed with flavor.
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups veggie stock or water
- 1 medium cucumber (finely diced. Seeded as well if you want.)
- 1 bell pepper (finely diced)
- 1 small red onion (finely diced)
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley (from 1 bunch)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (from 2–3 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- Cook the Quinoa: Combine the quinoa (rinsed, if needed) and the stock or water in a medium pot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Then lower the heat to a simmer. Cook, covered, until the quinoa has absorbed all the liquid. About 15 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, bell pepper, onion, parsley, and slightly cooled quinoa.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, and salt. Whisk until well blended.
- Add dressing to quinoa and veggies. Toss until well combined and season with pepper, to taste.
The salad keeps in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Category: Main Dish, Meatless Monday, Sides
- Cuisine: American