Instant Pot Creole Chicken and Sausage is the easy, healthy recipe of your dreams. I love a good chicken creole recipe and combined with an Instant Pot chicken recipe, I'm sold. Andouille Sausage and shredded chicken in a bell pepper, tomato sauce. Serve this creole chicken with rice for an easy weeknight dinner!
This Instant Pot Chicken and Sausage couldn't be easier to make. All you have to do is add the ingredients to your Instant Pot and cook for 9 minutes on high pressure.
Once done cooking, just shred up the chicken breasts and stir everything together. While the creole chicken and sausage is cooking, you can cook up some rice to go with. Other favorite Instant Pot easy dinner recipes are this Instant Pot Salsa Chicken and Rice and Instant Pot Penne Bolognese.
What You'll Need for this Creole Chicken and Sausage:
- Can of Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- Tomato Paste
- Chopped Bell Peppers
- Onion and garlic
- Andouille Sausage
- Chicken Breasts
- Creole Seasoning
What is Creole Seasoning?
Creole food is a blend of the various cultures of New Orleans including Italian, Spanish, African, German, Caribbean, Native American, and Portuguese, to name a few. Most stores will carry a Creole Seasoning Blend, but you can also make your own! Here's a recipe to make your own creole blend. These are the spices you'll need:
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Dried Thyme
- Dried Oregano
- Cayenne Pepper
- Salt and Pepper
Not only is this creole chicken and sausage great for dinner, but I love having it for meal prep! I like to put servings of the chicken and sausage along with rice in individual meal prep containers. Perfect for packing for lunch or just popping in the microwave to reheat for dinner.
Like this recipe? Sign up for my e-mail list so you get a weekly e-mail with new recipes from the week as well as occasional ‘bonus’ content not found on the blog! E-mail link sign up!
Those ads on the page? A portion of all ad revenue is being donated to Warrior Dog Rescue. A MN-based dog rescue that I foster and volunteer with.Print
Instant Pot Creole Chicken and Sausage
Instant Pot Creole Chicken and Sausage is the easy, healthy recipe of your dreams. Andouille Sausage and shredded chicken in a bell pepper, tomato sauce. Serve this creole chicken with rice for an easy weeknight dinner! Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Instant Pot, Main Dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 14 ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 bell peppers (chopped into large chunks)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 12-16 ounces Andouille Sausage (Sliced into ½ inch chunks)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1-1.5 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning (see note)
- Rice, cilantro, green onions, sour cream, etc. (for serving)
- Add ingredients to your Instant Pot liner in the order that is listed. So starting with the water, then tomatoes, etc and ending by sprinkling creole seasoning over everything. Do not stir to combine, keeping these layers helps the Instant Pot come to pressure.
- Set Instant Pot to sealing and cook on Manual High Pressure for 9 minutes. Natural Release for 5 minutes, then do a controlled quick release.
- Shred the chicken breasts (either in the pot itself, or remove and shred on a plate then add back in). Stir everything together and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve over rice and top with toppings of choice. Enjoy!
You can buy a store-bought creole seasoning blend. Or, you can make your own! Here's a recipe to make a jar of your own seasoning blend.
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: ⅙ of recipe
- Calories: 329
- Sugar: 7.6 g
- Sodium: 1153.2 mg
- Fat: 18.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.7 g
- Fiber: 3.8 g
- Protein: 25 g
- Cholesterol: 89.7 mg
Keywords: Instant Pot Chicken and Sausage, Instant Pot Creole Chicken and Sausage