5-Minute Smoky Chipotle Salsa
I will never be ashamed about eating store bought salsa. There is always a MINIMUM of 2-3 varieties in my fridge/pantry at all times. Chunky, smooth, mango, black bean, I like them all. BUT, there is something extra special about making your own salsa. And not to mention an easy way to impress your friends. And by easy, I mean EASY! Not only does this Smoky Chipotle Salsa take just minutes to make. But your food processor does all the work. Oh and we use a can of fire roasted tomatoes. No tomato chopping and peeling here. Have I convinced you to give salsa making a try?
What You’ll Need for this Chipotle Salsa:
- Canned Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes. Yes, canned!
- Yellow Onion. White onion is okay too!
- Garlic. Umm, because obviously.
- Jalapeño. Because I like my salsa with a slight kick!
- Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce. These are in a can and typically in your Ethnic/Hispanic section in your grocery store. I always keep a can in my pantry! And with the rest of the can that you don’t use, I recommend freezing in a plastic zip top bag.
- Cilantro. Duh.
- Lime. To give it a little brightness.
- Salt and pepper
I promised you easy and I meant it. All you do is dump all your ingredients in a food processor or blender and whirl away! The hardest part about this recipe is cleaning the food processor after. I think you can handle that :). Keep a close eye when blending. You don’t want it to be too smooth where it’s more a sauce and less a salsa. Make sure to give it a taste so you can adjust the salt, pepper, and even chipotle adobo peppers as needed.
As written, I call this salsa a solid ‘Medium’. If you’re sensitive to spice, hold back on the jalapeño (especially the white and seeds as that’s where the spice is) and maybe start with one less chipotle pepper. You can always add more after you taste. If you like it HOT, then go all in. Add more jalapeño or keep some or all of the whites and seeds. More power to ya! The final decision you need to make is… what tortilla chips are you going to scoop it with?!