Slow Cooker Shredded Italian Beef
Is there ever such a thing as too many Slow Cooker recipes? Especially ones that are essentially dump and go? I think not. Chuck Roast cooks low and slow in the crockpot and results in a tangy, slightly spicy, shredded Italian Beef that your family will love. Perfect on its own or in hoagie buns for Italian Beef Sandwiches.
What you’ll need for this Italian Beef:
- Chuck Roast
- White Vinegar – gives the shredded beef a little tang
- Dried minced onion, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes – spice staples!
- Pepperoncini peppers – just from a jar
- Banana Pepper Rings – the mild ones from a jar
- Butter – a few tablespoons to pat on top for extra flavor. Because butter is BAE.
The prep for this Italian Beef takes maybe 5 minutes, MAX! Season up your chuck roast with salt and pepper then add all ingredients to the slow cooker. If you REALLY want to go the extra mile, you can brown your chuck roast for a few minutes on each side. But honestly, I often don’t and it still tastes AMAZING.
Now let your crockpot do the work and it cooks on low for 8 hours. At the end the chuck roast will practically fall apart and easily shred. You can even do this right in the slow cooker liner to keep things simple. Now to decide what to serve it with! I love it on its own with a side off potatoes and vegetables. Serve in hoagie buns for Italian Beef Sandwiches. Or pile it into a loaded baked potato! How will you serve yours?!