Moroccan Chickpea Bowls are perfect for your healthy eating goals. Filled with plant based protein, clean ingredients, perfect for meatless Monday, and easily made vegan. But don’t let the health factor fool you, these quinoa bowls are packed with flavor. A blend of spices to bring the Moroccan-inspired flavor. Make this easy 30-minute meal for dinner tonight or meal prep it for healthy lunches all week long.
Why You’ll Love These Moroccan Chickpea Bowls:
- Perfect for your New Year’s Resolutions! Plant-Based, Clean, Healthy, Meatless, Vegetarian, and EASILY made vegan.
- Quick to Make! Just 30 minutes start to finish.
- Adjustable Spice Level. I add a little bit of cayenne pepper for a kick, but you can omit if you prefer or add more if you really like heat.
- Meal Prep Friendly. Cook up the chickpeas and quinoa on a Sunday then just assemble the remaining ingredients to make the bowls when you’re ready to eat.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Olive Oil
- Onion and Garlic
- Spices: Chili Powder, Cumin, Turmeric, Garam Masala, Cinnamon, Cayenne Pepper, and Salt
- Canned Chickpeas
- Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- Fresh Herbs like Parsley or Cilantro
- Plain Greek Yogurt – Omit if you want to make these vegan.
If you like these Moroccan Chickpea Bowls, here are some other chickpea recipes you should check out!
- Chickpea Tikka Masala
- Spicy Tomato Chickpeas with Quinoa
- Easy Homemade Hummus
- Greek Chickpea Salad
- Chickpea & Quinoa Mason Jar Salads
- Lemon Chickpea & Quinoa Mason Jar Salads
Moroccan Chickpea Bowls are perfect for your healthy eating goals. Plant based protein, clean ingredients, perfect for meatless Monday, easily made vegan, and made in just 30 minutes. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion (diced)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- 2 14oz cans chickpeas (drained)
- 2 14oz cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cups quinoa (cooked according to package directions)
- 2 cucumbers (diced)
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- While the quinoa is cooking, make the chickpeas. In a large deep skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender and translucent. Add the garlic, spices, salt, and chickpeas. Sauté about 30 seconds to a minute until fragrant.
- Add the diced tomatoes and stir to combine. Simmer for 15-20 minutes while you finish cooking the quinoa.
- Assemble the bowls with the cooked quinoa, tomato chickpeas, diced cucumbers, a dollop of yogurt, and a sprinkle of the fresh herbs. Enjoy!
Leftover chickpeas and quinoa can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
If prepping in advance, I prefer to dice the cucumber on the day of to avoid them drying out. Add the yogurt, cucumber, and herbs after reheating the chickpeas and quinoa.
- Category: Main Dish, Meatless Monday
- Cuisine: American